Rule #262: Spring is all about keeping it light, easy, and delicious!
This Pesto Pea Salad is the delightful addition to this year’s spring menu! It’s full of delicious, light flavors that pair perfectly with most main dishes. I’d say it would even make the ole Easter Bunny happy if served alongside that lovely Easter ham. Do Bunnies even eat ham? Either way… here’s to an easy side dish that’s light and healthy!
Just look at those delicious flavors. I mean, bacon, cheddar cheese, bright and vibrant tomatoes, crunchy bell pepper, sweet little green peas, zesty pesto, zippy red onion, and a delicious crunch of texture from some pine nuts. It doesn’t get much better than that, does it now?
This is a sincerely difficult recipe: combine all those laborious ingredients in a large bowl, take a deep breath, jump 3 times in the air, then serve! I know, I know. You’re exhausted just thinking about it. I’d hate to think that your efforts in making this refreshing salad would take away from your Easter-Bunny-Helping-Abilities. We just can’t have that now, can we?
Boom! Pesto Pea Salad ready for your eating pleasure!
Main Dish Pairing Recommendations:
Citrus Balsamic Marinade for Grilling Pork Tenderloin
Roasted Chicken with Goat Cheese and Lemon
Pesto Pea Salad
- 2 (15-oz.) cans sweet peas, drained and rinsed
- 10 cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 8 pieces cooked bacon chopped
- 1 heaping tbs. pesto
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs. pine nuts plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup shredded white cheddar cheese plus more for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine. Sprinkle more pine nuts and white cheddar for garnish, if desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.