Rule #213: Dinner should be easy… and poppin’!
This Jalapeno Popper Chicken is one of those beautiful, go-to dinner recipes that needs only a handful of ingredients and under 45 minutes! It’s low carb and Keto friendly, too. It tastes just like a yummy little jalapeno popper from Sonic!
The bonus is that it’s garnished with bacon. I don’t think anything garnished with bacon can go wrong.
Seriously. Name one thing that shouldn’t be garnished with bacon. Ice cream? Delicious. Apple pie? Sounds American. Sushi? You betchya.
First, season both sides of your chicken breasts with some Kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Layer the bottom of a baking dish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Place the chicken breasts on the olive oil.
Dot with about 2 oz. of cream cheese.
Sprinkle on some diced jalapeno peppers.
We love the Mt. Olive brand, but any kind will do. If you can’t find the jarred jalapenos, just dice up a fresh one.
Then, sprinkle on some shredded cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for about 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Finally, turn on your broiler and broil for about 3 minutes, until the cheese is golden bubbly.
Garnish with some of that delicious, perfect bacon.
Welcome to a serious Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes or Butternut Squash (Cut into 2″ pieces, toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and roast at 400 for 25-30 minutes.)
Easy Orzo (pasta that’s like rice)
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 3 tbs. jarred diced jalapeños (or 3 fresh jalapeños, cut-in-half, seeded and membranes removed)
- 3 tbs. shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces of roasted bacon* crumbled OR bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Generously season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Spread oil on the bottom of your baking dish. Lay seasoned chicken breasts on olive oil and dot with cream cheese. Spoon the diced jalapeños on top of the cream cheese and cover with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Turn on broiler and broil for about 3 minutes, until cheese is golden on top.
- Garnish with roasted bacon.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.