Rule #265: Sometimes a Cheeseburger Quiche combo is the best option.
This little recipe is the brain child of my son’s love for a solid burger (usually a Whataburger) and my love for an easy weeknight meal. Quiche is one of those glorious inventions that reheats like a gem, and sometimes, it even tastes better the second or third time around.
This little gem combines the convenience of a quiche with the deliciousness of a juicy cheeseburger. Using a premade pie crust makes life so much easier, too!
First, start by baking your premade (or homemade if you’re feeling adventurous) pie crust at 350 for 10 minutes. Let it cool afterwards while you make the filling for the Cheeseburger Quiche.
Meanwhile, sauté 1/2 a yellow onion in some olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Then, add some minced garlic and sauté another minute.
Next, add 1 lb. of ground sirloin to your pot. Sauté until browned.
While the beef browns, combine 1 cup milk and 4 eggs. Whisk to combine.
For your seasonings, you’ll need 1/2 tsp. ground oregano, 3/4 tsp. Kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper.
Once your beef is browned, sprinkle on your seasonings.
Next, add 1 tbs. yellow mustard, 2 tbs. ketchup, and 2 tbs. sour cream to your milk and egg mixture.
Make sure you’ve got a dedicated sous chef, too.
Whisk everything until well combined.
Then, add in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Next, place the ground beef mixture on your pie crust.
Then pour on your egg mixture.
Finally, sprinkle on 1 more cup of shredded cheddar and 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan.
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until quiche is set.
Side Dish Recommendations:
- 1 frozen pie shell thawed
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 lb. lean ground beef 90/10
- ½ tsp. ground oregano
- ¾ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs whisked
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbs. yellow mustard
- 2 tbs. ketchup
- 2 tbs. sour cream
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese shredded (divided 1 cup + 1 cup)
- ¼ cup Parmesan grated
- Garnish options: shredded lettuce chopped tomatoes, chopped pickles, ketchup, mustard, and mayo
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place pie shell in a quiche or pie dish and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat 1 tbs. olive oil until shimmering. Add the onion and cook until softened (about 5 minutes). Add the ground beef, stirring to combine, and cook until meat is browned (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic, stirring often, until garlic is fragrant (about 1 minute). Sprinkle in the oregano, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine. Once beef has cooked, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, ketchup, sour cream, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Add in the beef mixture and stir to combine. Place the beef mixture into the pie shell, then top with the remaining cup of cheddar cheese and the Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.