Rule #207: If Mike says they’re good, they’re good.
These Air Fryer Goat Cheese Balls are the perfect finger food appetizer for any occasion! All you’ve got to do is make the goat cheese mixture, chill in the fridge for a bit, then roll in some egg wash and Panko breadcrumbs. Four minutes in the air fryer, and then you’re done! Easy peasy, nice ‘n cheesy.
These goat cheese bites are a delicious little number that seem to disappear almost quicker than they’re made!
All you’ll need for the breading of this appetizer are a couple of eggs, lightly whisked, and some plain Panko breadcrumbs.
The key to this appetizer is to make the goat cheese mixture ahead of time and chill in the fridge until you’re ready to air fry the bites. Then, roll the balls into bite-sized bits.
Next, roll each goat cheese ball in the whisked eggs.
Then, roll the balls in the Panko breadcrumbs.
Continue the process until you’ve used about half of the goat cheese mixture.
Now, spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Then, place the goat cheese balls in the basket, giving space in between each bite. This is the air fryer we have, and we love it!
Finally, air fry your goat cheese balls at 400 for 4 minutes. Let rest in the basket for 2 minutes before serving.
I like to drizzle ours with a little agave nectar to add a touch of sweetness to the tangy goat cheese mixture.
I hope you’ll try these Air Fryer Goat Cheese Balls at your next get together with your favorite folks!
Air Fryer Goat Cheese Balls
- 4 4-oz. goat cheese logs, room temperature
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. lime juice juice of about ½ a lime
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs. heavy whipping cream
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 2 cups plain Panko breadcrumbs
- Agave nectar for garnish
- In a large bowl or a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the goat cheese, spices, lime juice, olive oil, and heavy cream. Scoop mixture into a container with a lid and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day ahead of time.
- When you’re ready to cook the goat cheese balls, roll the goat cheese mixture into bite-sized balls. Place the whisked eggs and Panko breadcrumbs into two separate, shallow bowls. One at a time, roll the goat cheese balls first into the egg and then the Panko.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray until well-coated. Place the goat cheese balls in the basket, leaving about 1” of space between each ball.
- Air Fry the goat cheese balls at 400 for 4 minutes, then let them rest in the basket (take the basket out of the air fryer) for 2 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle with agave nectar before serving.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.