Rule #302: Give that Air Fryer a little heat.
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are one of those deliciously simple things that taste like you were in the kitchen for hours. Just mix up the meat with some spices and such, then toss in your beautiful air fryer for a mere 8 minutes total. Winner, winner, Chicken Meatball Dinner!
Is there anything so beautiful as a yummy dinner that’s on the table in just minutes? And oh! Come closer… it’s low in carbs and calories, too.
Our kids aren’t a fan of the heat in the Buffalo Sauce, so we actually serve their meatballs with BBQ, ranch, or ketchup instead. They gobble ’em up!
I ain’t mad about this view.
First, let’s mix up some spices for our Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, shall we? It’s just 1 egg, 3 tbs. flour, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper.
Next, mix in 1 1/4 lbs. lean ground chicken. Use the best tools in your kitchen: your hands!
Third, preheat your air fryer to 400.
Next, form your meatballs using a tablespoon scoop. You should get about 16 meatballs.
Now, spray your preheated air fryer with cooking spray. Place the meatballs in an even layer, working in batches, in the air fryer.
Next, bake the meatballs at 400 for 5 minutes. Shake the basket, then cook another 3 minutes.
Can we just take a moment to relish in the beauty that is the air fryer? Perfect meatballs in 8 minutes. Why, yes please.
Finally, mix together 1 cup of your favorite Buffalo Sauce (we love Frank’s) with 3 tbs. unsalted butter. Melt together over medium heat, stirring to combine. Then, ladle the sauce over those gorgeous meatballs, drizzle with some ranch or blue cheese dressing and garnish with chopped chives.
Now, like I said before, our kiddos don’t love the Buffalo sauce, so they choose either BBQ, ranch, or ketchup to dip their meatballs in. Makes for an easy dinner all around!
Tell me, is it weird to think of meatballs as pretty? I sure hope not.
As long as you’re still reading this, you must be a fan of pretty things like me. We’re instant friends now.
These Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Meatballs also have a sister version: they can be made in the oven, too!
Side Dish Recommendations:
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 air fryer (Can be baked in the oven instead.)
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs. lean ground chicken
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup Buffalo Sauce (We love Frank's.)
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing, to drizzle
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 400.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, egg, onion powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add in ground chicken and use your hands to combine. Using a tablespoon scoop, measure out even chunks of meat and roll into a ball using your hands.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter and Buffalo sauce over medium heat until the butter melts*.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray. Place meatballs in an even layer in the basket, not allowing them to touch (work in batches to ensure even cooking). Cook at 400 for 5 minutes, shake the basket to loosen meatballs, then cook an additional 3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Drizzle with either ranch or blue cheese dressing and garnish with chopped chives.
- *If you want less spice, add about ½ cup chicken stock to the sauce. It won’t be as thick, but it also won’t be as spicy.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.