Rule #10: Bacon makes everything better.
This Southern Lady Dip, as she’s so appropriately named, reflects all the best things in a delicious appetizer! Little Lady’s got bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, and seasonings. She’s easy to whip together ahead of Party Time and pull out when it’s chow time!
Put the south in your mouth, baby!
First, start by pouring some shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise with olive oil in a large bowl. We use the mayo with olive oil because it tends to be just a bit lighter.
Next, add in some cooked, chopped bacon. The real stuff is always better than the bacon bits, but you can definitely use those in a pinch.
Then throw in some chopped green onions for a little flavor and a little crunch.
Next, add your seasonings: Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
Now for a little more flavor: add in 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce.
Finally, if you want a little heat, add in 1 tsp. hot sauce. Our favorite is always Tabasco, but you pick your poison!
Mix everything together until all the goods are well combined and friendly.
We like to garnish our Southern Lady Dip with more chopped green onions and serve it alongside some Ruffles chips.
Look at the little bowl full of southern flavor! Dip in, y’all!
Southern Lady Dip
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise with olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 green onions chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. Tabasco or other hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Serve immediately or store, covered, in the fridge until ready to serve (up to 3 hours ahead of time).
- Garnish with more green onions, if desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.