Rule #304: Pizza is always a winner.
These Pizza Meatballs are a thing of true beauty. They can be cooked either in the air fryer or the oven, and they’re full of everyone’s favorite pizza flavors! These meatballs have the Stamp of Approval from all the tummies in our house!
I love it when a dinner is pleasing to not only the cook, but to all the little mouths she feeds. Our kids absolutely gobbled these up!
If you have any leftovers (good luck with that), these meatballs freeze very well!
First, combine 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tbs. onion powder, 3/4 tsp. Kosher salt, 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp. ground oregano, and 1/2 cup plain Panko breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
Then, add in 1 large egg.
Mix everything together well.
Next, add in about 1/4 lb. chopped pepperoni (this is optional).
Then, add 2 lbs. lean ground sirloin.
Finally, add 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (Rao’s is our favorite) and 1 cup (4-oz.) pizza blend cheese.
Use your best kitchen tools (your gorgeous hands) to combine all the ingredients together.
Form the meat into 1″ balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
You can also use your air fryer to cook the meatballs. Just preheat your air fryer to 400, then spray cooking spray on the bottom of your air fryer basket. Place the meatballs in the basket, leaving at least 1″ of room. Air fry the meatballs at 400 for 8 minutes.
Adrian, our air fryer, is one of my absolute favorite little kitchen tools!
Either way you cook them, these Pizza Meatballs are sure to be a solid slam dunk dinner in your house!
I like to garnish ours with a little extra marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, and torn basil.
Just look at that little gem full of delicious pizza flavor!
Side Dish Recommendations
Happy Dinner, y’all!
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbs. onion powder
- ¾ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground oregano
- ½ cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 lbs. ground sirloin 90/10 beef
- ¼ lb. pepperoni chopped (optional)
- 1½ cups marinara sauce our favorite is Rao’s, plus more for serving
- 1 cup 4-oz. pizza blend cheese, shredded
- Chopped basil for garnish
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 400.
- Whisk together the first 7 ingredients (garlic powder through egg) in a large bowl.
- Then, add in the ground sirloin, chopped pepperoni, marinara sauce, and cheese. Mix well with your hands until evenly combined.
- Form meatballs into 1” balls, placing onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or in your air fryer basket that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Make sure to leave about 1” of space between each meatball.
- Air fry the meatballs at 400 for 8 minutes or bake the meatballs in the oven at 400 for 20-25 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with more marinara sauce, chopped basil, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.