Rule #530: Keep it zesty.
This Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is one of our favorite, fresh, go-to side dishes that make dinnertime just a little easier. It’s a zesty twist on regular ole roasted broccoli. By adding some Parmesan cheese just at the tail end of the cooking makes a huge difference, too!
There’s nothing I love more for dinner than a perfectly roasted vegetable to go alongside a comforting main dish.
To Make Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
It’s actually one of the easiest vegetable side dishes I make (another reason to love it). First, cut the florets off 2 heads of broccoli. Mix them in a baking dish with olive oil, minced garlic or garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Then, sprinkle on the zest of 1 lemon plus the juice of 1/2 that same lemon. Toss everything to combine. Bake at 400 for about 18 minutes, until the broccoli is almost done cooking.
Finally, sprinkle on some grated or shredded Parmesan cheese and cook another couple of minutes, just until the cheese has melted.
This gorgeous Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli would go perfectly with:
Garlic & Mushroom Pork Chops (see below)
Just take a look at that fresh, zesty, cheesy goodness (that’s packed with vitamins, shh!).
Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 2 heads broccoli florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or minced (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan grated or shaved
- Preheat oven to 400. In a 13×9 oven-proof dish, toss the broccoli with the olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients through pepper.
- Roast at 400 for 17 minutes, until broccoli is almost cooked through.
- Then, sprinkle on the Parmesan. Cook another 2 minutes, just until cheese has melted.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.