Rule #307: A good dip is the best way to bring back the good ole days.
Who doesn’t love a juicy, cheesy jalapeño popper? I used to get them all the time when I worked at Sonic back in the day. Couple that with some ranch and holy moly. I wish I had the metabolism to handle that nowadays. This Jalapeño Popper Dip gives you all the flavor of the original thing, but in the form of a creamy, cheesy, slightly spicy condiment for your tortilla chip. Again, I’d love that metabolism back.
About Jalapeno Popper Dip
I’ve seen TONS of variations of this recipe. Some use only ‘real’ jalapeños. Others use only canned jalapeños, and some use a combo. I use only the jarred goodies that are already diced. That way, I can refrigerate the rest for some other yummy concoction down the line.
I like a good, shallow oven-proof dish that allows for scooping without too much gettin’ on your chip. I like a good chip-to-dip ratio, you know what I mean? This Le Creuset lovely was on sale during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale for only $30. A steal if you know anything about Le Creuset!
This Jalapeño Popper Dip recipe can’t get any easier.
How to Make the Jalapeno Popper Dip
Let your cream cheese come to room temperature.
First, the cream cheese and mayo and shredded cheese + grated Parmesan + diced jalapeños in a big bowl or standing mixer.
Then, whip everything together in a standing mixer fitted with a spatula paddle OR just whip it up with a hand mixer OR just get your elbow grease going and use a whisk.
Next, spread it all out in an even layer in your greased oven-proof dish.
Finally, sprinkle on a combo of panko breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan.
Bake for 25 minutes. Then turn the heat up to broil and broil another 2 minutes.
Voila! I give you the ultimate party dip for your chip.
We serve our Jalapeno Popper Dip with tortilla chips for a yummy appetizer that’s great for a crowd!
We also garnish with a few sliced jalapeños for a little pretty color.
Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 1 8-oz. block cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Mexican blend cheese shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan grated
- 1 4-oz. can jarred, diced jalapeños, drained
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, ½ cup Parmesan, and jalapeños in a large bowl or in a standing electric mixer fitted with a spatula paddle. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, then pour the mixture in, evenly smoothing with a spatula.
- Mix the Panko breadcrumbs and ¼ cup Parmesan in a small bowl. Evenly sprinkle over the top of the dip.
- Bake at 350 until the cheese is bubbling (about 25 minutes).
- Turn the heat up and broil for about 2 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Garnish with sliced jalapeños, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with tortilla chips.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.