Rule #338: It’s amazing where some delicious seasonings can take you in under 30 minutes.
These Greek Meatballs are a serious slam dunk in our house these days. Even the kids are raving fans! Just mix together some delicious seasonings, add a few more ingredients, form the meatballs, and bake them for just 18 minutes. Dinner. Done. Delicious.
The best part about these little balls of yum is that you can build a bowl based on what you like! Orzo? Why yes, please! Tomatoes and tzatziki? Oh-my-lanta!
The seasonings in these meatballs is out of this world! Or maybe in Santorini? I dunno. Either way, here’s whatchya need:
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground oregano
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. cinnamon
¾ tsp. dry dill (or 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill)
2 tbs. grated or finely chopped red onion
1 tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tsp. Kosher salt
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
The ingredients of these Greek Meatballs are as follows: panko breadcrumbs, 2 eggs, grated or finely chopped red onion, chopped parsley, and the seasonings above. PLUS! A little crumbled Feta that didn’t make the photographic cut.
Oh, and of course… a couple pounds of ground sirloin (90/10). Hello, beefy beef. You can also substitute ground chicken or turkey if you’d like something lighter.
Just mix all of the ingredients together, form into 1″ balls, and place on a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 475 for 18 minutes.
And just like that… you’ve got a delicious little dinnah.
I listed out some ideas for serving your Greek Meatballs in the full recipe below. My favorite is just what you see here: cooked orzo, tomatoes, tzatziki, and a little parsley and dill on top.
Side Dish Recommendations:
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground oregano
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. dry dill (or 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill)
- 2 tbs. grated or finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 lbs. ground sirloin (90/10 beef)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine all ingredients except ground sirloin in a large bowl, using your hands to mix well. Then, add in the ground sirloin and mix just until combined.
- Using a tablespoon scoop, form the meat into 1” meatballs. Place meatballs onto a foil-lined baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 for 18 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
Feta cheese crumbles
Chopped flat-leaf parsley
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Bell pepper, chopped
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.