Rule #183: There’s no sweat in the swap.
This has long been an easy go-to recipe for us on busy weeknights when we want a healthy dinner that tastes amazing without a lot of fuss. This Greek Chicken Sheet Pan Bake is low carb, allergy friendly, gluten free, and taste pretty dad gum fantastic! All you need is a bottle of Greek vinaigrette (or use Italian if that’s your jam), some chicken, and a handful of veggies.
The salty olives and tangy Feta cheese sprinkled on at the end really send this easy dinner over the top!
First, marinate some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half a bottle of Greek vinaigrette.
We use this Kraft Greek Vinaigrette that we find at our local H-E-B. If you don’t like the flavor of Greek vinaigrette or can’t find it, just use Italian vinaigrette or dressing! No sweat in the swap.
After marinating the chicken, covered, in the fridge for 2-4 hours, remove it from the marinade and place on a rimmed baking sheet covered with foil.
Gather yourself some red bell pepper, red onion, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. Again: no sweat in the swap. If you don’t like some of these veggies or want others, just change ’em out. At the end of the recipe, I give a few ideas for different changes you can mix-and-match for this one!
Toss the remaining half bottle of Greek vinaigrette with your veggies.
Then pour that glorious mixture all over your beautiful little chickens nestled in their sheet pan crib.
Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Sprinkle some pitted Kalamata olives and Feta cheese over top. Sticking to our rule of this post: don’t sweat that swap! Don’t like Feta cheese? Use goat cheese! Or none! Don’t like olives? Leave ’em out. Ain’t no shame in the swap game.
The delicious burst of flavor that comes from the cherry tomatoes has to be my favorite. And the juicy, tender chicken. And the oh-so-perfectly-tender zucchini. Okay, so I really like this dinner.
Greek Chicken Sheet Pan Bake
- 1 16-oz. bottle Greek dressing or vinaigrette
- 3-4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers membranes and seeds removed, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 zucchini sliced into half moons
- ½ red onion cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Pitted Kalamata olives
- Crumbled Feta cheese
- In a large bowl or Ziploc bag, marinate the chicken in half of the Greek dressing, reserving the rest for later. Place in the fridge and let sit for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place the chicken breasts on a large baking sheet, discarding the marinade. In a large bowl, combine the remaining dressing with the bell peppers, zucchini, and red onion. Toss to coat. Pour the veggies and the dressing all over the chicken breasts. Sprinkle on the cherry tomatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Remove from oven and sprinkle on the Feta cheese and olives.
Red potatoes, quartered
Yellow squash, cut into half moons
Carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
Green beans For the toppings:
Goat cheese instead of Feta
Flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.