Rule #16: Stealing leftovers is a crime.
Egg Roll in a Bowl with Chicken is an easy dinner recipe that’s healthy and on the table in just minutes! It’s low carb and Keto friendly, too. I love being able to whip this little gem up in under 20 minutes. Nothing like a fast, easy, healthy dinner that’s a hit with a hungry crowd!
The leftover are also crazy good! This would be a great meal for a lunch or dinner meal prep for the week.
These are the all-star players for our Super Sauce. These can all be found at most local grocery stores.
You can definitely use fresh ginger if you’d like, but these frozen ginger cubes have become my go-to! They’re already peeled and in nice, easy to use and measure cubes.
The sauce is super complicated to make. You ready? Okay… deep breath… whisk everything together. Gah! There, I said it. Sorry, super tough recipe, I know.
First, heat some olive oil to a shimmer in a large Dutch oven or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Then, add in 2 lbs. of lean ground chicken. Sauté until chicken is cooked through (about 5 minutes), breaking up the chunks of meat with a spoon.
Now, remember that super difficult sauce we talked about? Make sure he’s ready to get thrown into the mix.
This is what you want your ground chicken to look like once it’s cooked.
Next, add in 14 oz. (about 4 cups) of a coleslaw mix.
Then, add in your Super Sauce.
Give everything a good ole stir and let it cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Finally, add in some chopped green onion and cilantro.
Give ‘er another good stir, and you’re done! Voila!
Healthy dinner magic in just under 20 minutes!
Like I said, the leftovers to this just get better with time. They don’t last long in our house, so make sure you claim yours before they’re gone! Wouldn’t want you to end up like Ross in Friends on the episode with his turkey sandwich (IYKYK).
You don’t even need a side dish with this one-pot-wonder because your protein and veggies are already packed in there!
Egg Roll in a Bowl with Chicken
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. lean ground chicken
- 14 oz. shredded coleslaw mix about 4 cups
- 4 green onions chopped, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup cilantro leaves chopped, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 2 tbs. agave nectar or honey
- 1 tbs. fresh ginger grated (or 3 cubes frozen ginger)
- 1 tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce optional
- In a large Dutch oven or nonstick skillet, heat the oil to a shimmer over medium-high heat. Add in the ground chicken and sauté until cooked through, breaking the meat up with a spoon (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Whisk all ingredients together until well combined; set aside.
- Add in the coleslaw mix and the sauce to the cooked chicken. Stir to combine and continue cooking until coleslaw is cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the green onions and cilantro, stir to combine.
- Garnish with more green onions, cilantro, and/or Sriracha, if desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.