Rule #177: Sometimes, things really do need to be easy as pie.
With all the craziness and uncertainty going on these days, we could all use a little treat that’s simple to make (and can be made with things still very much available at the store). My sweet Momma’s birthday was last weekend, and I wanted to bring her a little something sweet. This was the perfect, easy dessert to whip up and drop on her porch! We sang “Happy Birthday” from a distance, and it made us all feel a little more normal.
You’re going to need about 3 ounces of chocolate – whatever ya got works! Semisweet, milk chocolate, unsweet, whatever you have in your pantry or can find at the store will be just fine!
Melt some butter in a small saucepan.
Add in the chocolate, melt, and set aside to cool slightly.
Now, whisk some eggs together until fluffy (about 5 minutes). You can use a hand mixer if you don’t have a standing one, too.
Now, slowly add in some sugar. Beat until combined.
Then add in some flour.
Now add in some vanilla.
And finally the chocolate mixture.
Pour into a greased 9″ pie pan.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until set.
I have to say, she ain’t the purtiest thing to come out of my kitchen, but she gets the job done. That’s the kind of dessert we need in our lives: simple, easy, delicious, and no frilly parts need apply.
You can eat Easy Fudge Pie just like this outta the pan, or top with some ice cream, hot fudge, or nuts! Go crazy!
If you like this recipe, try this Best Ever Chocolate Cake!
I hope you love this Easy Fudge Pie as much as we do!
Easy Fudge Pie
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter 1 1/2 sticks
- 3 oz. chocolate chips or bark semisweet, unsweet, whatever you’ve got
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat eggs for 5 minutes until fluffy (standing or hand mixer). Slowly add sugar and beat until combined. Add the flour and vanilla, beat until combined. Slowly pour in the chocolate mixture, beat until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9” pie pan. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until set.
- Top with ice cream, hot fudge, or nuts.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.