Rule #249: Shake and Bake is where it’s at, y’all.
There’s nothing like an easy, fast recipe (like Crispy Dijon Chicken) that can make everyone in the family part of the Clean Plate Club. Winner, winner, chicken dinner indeed! All you do for this easy recipe is mix up a dredge for yer chicken, dump in yer chicken, dump that chicken in some breadcrumbs, and bake it for about 15 minutes until it’s done! In the mean time, you can whip up yer sauce and drink ya a glass ‘o wine. This gives Shake and Bake a whole new meaning, y’all… although they kinda knew what they were doing back then, too.
This uh-MAZE-in sauce is worth making the recipe alone! It’s basically a homemade honey mustard, and it’s got a TON of flavor! You can always make this ahead of time and throw it in the fridge.
Let’s do this, Chicken Little.
For the chicken dredge, you need an egg yolk, some salt and peppah, Dijon mustard, and mayo. I always like to use the mayonnaise with olive oil now. It’s got a great flavor and tends to do well when you’re cooking with it.
Throw in some chicken tenders and toss ’em around.
Make a little workstation so things go smoothly: chicken in dredge, shallow bowl with Panko breadcrumbs, and a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil (because messes).
Now then, take each piece of Dijony delicious chicken and turn it to coat in the breadcrumbs. Press down lightly if you need to.
Put the chicken on the rimmed baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
Hello, Poultry Perfection.
Bake the chicken at 450 for about 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and breadcrumbs are golden.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. Getchya some mayo, Dijon, agave syrup or honey, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and some peppah.
Mix it up then throw in some chopped chives.
Garnish your chicken and sauce with more chives and serve together. These also make GREAT leftovers! Our kids eat on these for days!
This recipe makes 6 good sized servings, each coming in at about 150 calories, 5g of fat, 14g carbs, and 10g of protein! The sauce is about 100 calories per serving, 5g of fat, 9g of carbs, and 0g of protein. Not too bad for some delicious, crispy chicken!
Ain’t nothin’ better than this updated version of Shake and Bake, baby!
Side Dish Recommendations:
Crispy Dijon Chicken
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tbs. mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. Dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs. agave nectar or honey
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 tbs. chives chopped
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolk, 3 tbs. mayo, 1 tbs. Dijon, ¾ tsp. Kosher salt, and 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper. Whisk to combine. Add in the chicken tenders and toss to coat.
- Place the Panko breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Dredge each chicken piece in the breadcrumbs and turn to coat, pressing gently if needed. Place the coated chicken on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Cook at 450 for 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and breadcrumbs are browned slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine the ½ cup mayo, ½ cup Dijon, 2 tbs. agave nectar or honey, and a pinch of cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Add in the 3 tbs. chopped chives and stir to combine.
- Garnish the chicken and sauce with more chives if desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.