Rule #26: Sometimes the best recipes are the easiest.
This is one of those “un-recipe” recipes. Admittedly, it’s probably not even worthy of a whole blog post, but it was an old faithful recipe from my ole Daddy-O. That means it’s worthy of ze blog! This Chicken with Cream of Mushroom and Worcestershire is EXACTLY as it sounds. Those ingredients plus some freshly ground black pepper, and you’re on your way to an easy, delicious dinner.
I can’t even tell you how many times we had this growing up. It couldn’t be an easier to get dinner on the table. Just layer some cream of mushroom soup, then some chicken breast, some freshly ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and more cream of mushroom soup. 40 minutes later, and you’ve got a dinner done!
First, layer some cream of mushroom soup at the bottom of a baking dish. Sprinkle on some Worcestershire sauce and freshly ground black pepper (not really any measuring here).
Then, layer on some chicken breasts. Obviously, if you need more chicken to feed more folks, use a larger dish and add more of each ingredient. This recipe feeds the 4 of us just fine with 2 chicken breasts.
Now, sprinkle on more black pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
Then cover with more cream of mushroom soup.
Then, as you guessed, sprinkle on more freshly ground black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 165).
Depending on how we’re feeling, we typically have our Chicken with Cream of Mushroom and Worcestershire with steamed white rice or Cauliflower Mash (I usually make a huge batch and freeze leftovers in individual containers, so they’re ready to pull out and heat up anytime).
I hope you enjoy this easy, quick dinner as much as we do! It’s one of those great dishes that you can make in a flash with just a few ingredients you’ve got on hand.
Chicken with Cream of Mushroom and Worcestershire
- 23 oz. 1 Family Size can cream of mushroom soup (or 2 10.5-oz. cans)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Layer a couple of spoonfuls of cream of mushroom soup at the bottom of a baking dish. Drizzle on some Worcestershire and a little sprinkle of black pepper. Place the chicken breasts on top. Add a little more Worcestershire and black pepper. Cover with remaining cream of mushroom soup, plus another dash of Worcestershire and black pepper.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165).
- This recipe makes about 4 servings.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.