Rule #343: Take a sandwich, make it a pasta.
This BLT Pasta Salad is a delicious, cold pasta salad with an easy semi homemade dressing that makes it the perfect side dish for a backyard bbq or grilling night! The best part is that you can make this little number a day ahead and whip ‘er out when it’s time to eat.
I mean, pasta, bacon, and a creamy dressing. Where is the flaw I ask you?
Let’s get to work so we can get to eatin’, shall we? First, boil 1 lb. of rotini pasta in a large pot of heavily salted (like the sea) water until al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
For the dressing, combine 3/4 cup ranch dressing, 1/2 cup mayonnaise with olive oil, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, and 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt in a large bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
Then, add in your cooked rotini pasta.
Toss until the dressing coats every piece of perfectly curly, tender pasta.
Next, add in 1 pint of halved cherry tomatoes. This will put the T in our BLT Pasta Salad.
Then, add in 5 oz. (about 3 cups) chopped spinach. This here is the L in our BLT Pasta Salad.
Finally, we add the main star of this here show: Bacon. Now, since B is the first letter in our BLT Pasta Salad, we need to make sure he’s well represented. That said, we add in 1 lb. of cooked, chopped bacon. That’s right ladies and gents. One. Pound.
Give everything a good ole toss-a-rooni so all the flavors can coat every piece of this deliciousness. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day ahead of time.
I don’t know if this bowl could get any better. I really don’t.
Oh wait, it did. Closer is better, yes indeed.
This BLT Pasta Salad would pair well with almost any grilled meat or BBQ you’re serving. The best part is that it’s a cold salad that can be made ahead, making it a hit at pot lucks and group meals of all kinds!
Oh my stars. Pardon my drool.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. rotini pasta
- Pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 oz. spinach chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 lb. bacon cooked and chopped
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise with olive oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- In a large pot of heavily-salted water, boil the rotini pasta until al dente (about 8 minutes).
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining all dressing ingredient in a large bowl and whisking to combine.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Add the pasta to the dressing, then add in tomatoes, spinach, and bacon. Toss until combined.
- Chill for 1 hour (up to 1 day ahead), and serve.
Cubed Swiss or cheddar cheese
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.