Rule #204: Fall means putting the Comfort in Comfort Food in the easiest way possible.
Fall to me is all about keeping things comforting, delicious, and easy. This Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast checks all of those boxes and then some. Jon Boy would be very happy if I made this once a week (his words… not mine). I’m happy to oblige him, too! This recipe is an easy dump-and-go one that’s a hit with the whole family!
I mean, does it get much better than savory, tender beef paired with perfectly cooked potatoes and carrots? Oh yes it does… add that gravy in, baby.
First, pour in one can of cream of mushroom soup. Spread it all over the bottom of your slow cooker or Crock-Pot.
This is an important factor in your meal, folks: the right cut of meat! You don’t have to buy prime meat, but you definitely want a boneless beef chuck roast. It’s the best for pot roast!
Put that hunk of beefy goodness on top of the cream of mushroom soup.
Then sprinkle on 1 package of onion soup mix (we use this one).
Then add in 2-3 beef bouillon cubes.
Next pour another can of cream of mushroom over the onion soup mix.
Next pour 3 cups of beef stock around the roast. Cover and cook on high for 8 hours or low for 12.
About 2 hours before the roast is finished, add in some clean baby potatoes. I just leave ours whole, but you can cut yours if you’d like.
An hour before the roast is done, add in some cleaned baby carrots.
Shred the meat with two forks and serve with some of that delicious gravy from the slow cooker!
Nothing says Comfort Food to me more than this delightful little sight! Best part is that it requires such little effort!
Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 4 lb. boneless beef chuck roast
- 24 oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package Lipton onion soup mix
- 3 beef bouillon cubes can use less, depending on the size of the roast
- 3 cups beef stock
- Red potatoes scrubbed clean and quartered
- Carrots peeled
- Pour one can of the cream of mushroom soup on the bottom of the slow cooker. Set the roast on top, then sprinkle the Lipton soup mix all over the top of the meat. Place the bouillon cubes on the bottom of the slow cooker around the roast, then pour on the rest of the mushroom soup and beef stock over top.
- Cook on low heat for 12 hours or high heat for 8 hours (more or less depending on the size of the roast) until the meat shreds easily with a fork. Turn twice during cooking if possible.
- Add the potatoes about 2 hours before serving and the carrots about 1 hour before serving, so they both retain their crunch and texture.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, and Pineapple House Rules makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.